Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ensemble du Jour

Sooooo, I'm back to work after for lovely days away and it seems that the cooler weather has crept in while we were away. Luckily we had shuttered up the chicken coop so they didn't get too chilled, and we're cranking up the vintage radiators to take off the chill in our house. Sadly, most of the heat escapes through the 100 year old gaps in the walls. We need some serious weather-proofing.

The Outfit
First day back to work and I have to go to an 8:30am meeting and I was cold! I'm wearing black ribbed tights, a black pencil skirt, a warm wool v-neck JCrew sweater in the perfect green and I actually pulled out my coat and gloves! Everything, including the mary janes but not the sweater is from Target.



The Focal Point
My warm snuggly coat. This was a great buy, I think. It's Mizrahi for Target but the collar and cuffs make it look fancy and the colors are good. The coat has a great texture and is lined with a satin-y material. It also is a great length for me, hitting just at my knees. I think this coat was billed as 3/4-length sleeves, but they hit my wrists.



I also, love that the collar blocks out most of the wind so I don't need to wear a scarf.

No comments: