Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
It's warm today. Again. I'm so depressed. I'm never going to get to do the seasonal clothes rotation! I have a meeting tonight for my town, so even though I don't need to be dressy for work, I still dressed a little nicely.

Actually, this is more comfortable to me that jeans or something. The skirt is very flow-y, the tights are so soft and my new Ann Taylor top (on sale) is very soft too.



I've been dying to break out more of the colored tights that I bought in anticipation of Fall, and I just got these shoes back from the shoe repair (after leaving them there for 4 months!) so today I combined dark orange with these burgundy Aerosoles. Fun, no? I've already received compliments... from guys! And what do they typically notice, nothing, right?



I love these Aerosoles. I have them in black too. They are a few years old and are a really go-to pair of shoes, especially for work. They have a great heel shape too. I have a pair of silver alligator printed Celine heels that I felt these were imitating, because they were offered in black patent too. So I got the expensive crazier ones and the more neutral styles came from Aerosoles.



The Focal Point
I've been very color-driven lately, so why should today be any different? I wanted to pull through that orange and red into more of the outfit, besides my red hair, so I wore a fun beaded ring that has a a mix of crystals in reds, pinks, golds, greens and purples. The big piece is my large felt flower from Etsy. It's about 5" wide and the color is a very rust reddish orange with tinges of pink.



Etsy is my new home for cute stuff! I just bought some great acrylic cuffs with pearls and a crocheted top hat. How fun is that?

4 comments:

la fashionista said...

Where did you get those red tights? I've been searching everywhere!

Poochie said...

Mine are actually a dark orange and I got them from Target. They are really soft. I got some red ones there too.

But I saw this site, which seems to have a lot of color options. Maybe they have what you are looking for -
http://www.welovecolors.com/Shop/LycraSolidColorMicroFiberTights.htm

Hope that helps!

Luv
Poochie

la fashionista said...

Thank you! I love your blog, and you are always so gracious to respond to comments and questions.

Poochie said...

Thanks Adrianne,

I'm having so much fun with this and I'm glad you like it too.

Luv
Poochie