Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Blogger Inspiration: Nubby Twiglet

More and more I feel my horizons being expanded and my wardrobe being inspired by the great bloggers that I regularly follow on their sites, Twitter and Flickr uploads. While I'm not trying to copy their style, sometimes I see a color combination, an outfit or an accessory that looks so great I feel I should give it a try myself.

The first blogger I'd like to give a big thank you to is Miss Nubby Twiglet. She has an amazing sense of style with a very strong color aesthetic which, tied with her graphic design work directly contributes to the amazing art she creates.

Working in a similar field, I appreciate her design skills (so much so that I recently purchased one of her Kiss & Tell posters) and I'm also loving her wardrobe. Funny enough, I have this same cardigan.



But recently Nubby showcased these Corso Como Dodie wedges. Now these shoes are very outside of my typical "comfort zone" but I could see the possibilities. For Fall I thought they would be great with all sorts of tights, especially my solid colored ones and possibly some of my Hansel for Basel knee-patch over-the-knee socks.



I had a gift certificate from Zappos to use (although I think they are a wee bit cheaper on the Nordstrom's site) so I figured I'd give them a try and if I didn't like them I could send them back. I'd never purchased this brand before, so I wasn't sure how they would be.



Well let me tell you, these are some seriously well made shoes. They're a Brazilian brand and are quite sumptuous. The interior cushioning is amazing.



And I love the satin ribbon ankle ties, which can be tied in the front or the back.





Great shape from the back too.



I already have a whole slew of outfits planned for these and am definitely keeping them!

They also come in white with black accents (totally cute) and a forest green and black version, although I only saw this last one at Nordstroms. I just got them tonight so I haven't worn them out but so far they seem great.

6 comments:

WendyB said...

Those are fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention! I'm glad you loved the corso como brand also!

Anonymous said...

Those Shoes remind me of something I would see in a museum (in a good way). I swear I have seen something similiar on royal men (without the bow). I would love to see them in action.

Anonymous said...

Would these not look great with the two-tone Chanel tights?

Poochie said...

Sal

They would be very cool with them I bet! Fall is going to be so much fun!

Luv
Poochie

jalilifer said...

I was going to say what Sal said...they are a bold shoe that can stand its ground with the bold two-tone tights.