Saturday, November 15, 2008

Week In Review Once More

This has been another crazy week at work. I feel like I've barely had time to breathe or sleep. So I'm just now getting to writing up the week's outfits! It hasn't been too cold this week but it has been blustery and rainy.

Monday I wore this black swing jacket (over a black cami) from Target with my denim skirt. I took this pendant from Etsy off of its chain and used it as a brooch on my collar. The military style of the pin, as well as it's colors of gold and enameled red and white, went well with the shoes.


11-10-08 by Princess Poochie

The focal point was all about the shoes. I know I had been debating whether I would keep these or not because the shoes from this brand tend to be a bit stiff. But in the end, I did. I just love the mix of colors and materials from the metallic edges, black sequins and red suede heel.



One this that did help is that I wore them with black opaque tights. I wore the tights to help keep warm and dress up the denim but they sort of toned down the shoes so the sparkle was more subtle. Wearing the shoes with the tights made me forget that I had found them less than comfortable.



On Tuesday, I was looking for an excuse to wear the JCrew acorn bracelet that had just arrived from eBay. I had really really wanted this when I first saw it in the catalog and the store but held out and then it sold out. Luckily I found it on eBay and for even cheaper than the store! Score!

The dress is the black v-neck Target dress I've worn a million times now and, since it's colder, instead of a cropped cardigan I added a long boyfriend cardigan (also from Target) and cinched it with a wide brown belt. I also have this necklace with a large chunk of agate as the pendant that I wore as well. I think I need to somehow alter this dress. It's a little loose now and the neckline is getting a bit low. I need to figure out if a few hidden stitches will take care of that.


11-11-08 by Princess Poochie

The focal point was the bracelet and I supported the brown of that with the belt and these shoes. I have these Manolos for a few years now and they are one of my favorite shoes. They are the perfect shape and height and such a neat pattern. I could walk all over town in these and be comfortable.




Okay, this is going to be such a let down, especially since I made such a big deal about teasing you with them... but I finally wore the Chanel two-tone tights and mary janes! Talk about burying the lead. I can't believe it has been since August that I've had these and haven't had an opportunity (or made an opportunity) to wear them. That's just crazy!

I was going to do a whole big reveal of unwrapping the tights and the shoes. I did put a whole set on Flickr, so they are there if you want to see more shots and bigger.

One of the things that held me back was what would be the inaugural outfit to pair them with. In the end I took inspiration from one of the runway outfits.


11-12-08 by Princess Poochie

I loved a number of the styles from the show but this one seemed very accessible, so I started there. I wore the tights and mary janes and then pulled out a denim skirt and my JCrew charcoal wool v-neck sweater. Very simple and straight forward.



Here are a few of the shots, but definitely check out the Flickr stream, there are just so many more there.



These tights are very cool in person. The illusion element of the two-tone is very strong. What's hard to tell from the runway pictures and even mine are that the front part of the tights is more of a flesh tone rather than a taupe. And they are not sheer at all. So the tights are very thick and soft. It wasn't quite what I was expecting but still neat. And when you move from the side or turn around the transition is quite unexpected.

I haven't seen a competitive pair in exactly the same way yet, although I'm sure they will come up sooner or later. Someone did share with me that there are a pair at Urban Outfitters that come close. The pair there are opaque black on the back and then a sheer black on the front. I don't think the effect would be as strong but could be good if you were looking for another option.

Oh yeah! And the shoes! They are very interesting. Graphic. Unique more than stunning. There is a lot of craftsmanship in these shoes. I did find a contender for the black pair (which I've worn a lot) that mimics the style but if you were to hold both pairs up together you do see the difference in the work. And that is not always something I find to be true, especially as luxury companies attempt to boost their profits by skimping on quality.



Thursday I figured I might as well keep the crazy legwear thing going and maybe even push it even more. So I decided to wear my knee-pad over-the-knee socks from Hansel from Basel which I just love. I mean, I love these some much I got them in 3 colors. I had skirts all planned out just to wear with them.


11-13-08 by Princess Poochie

Yes, the focal point was the socks, which I wore with a flippy black Old Navy skirt and my Facade patent mary janes, but I have to show you this top.

I bought this at least 4 or 5 years ago at Anthropologie and, because it is a knit, it may be reaching the end. But it's just so cute. Sort of, saucy librarian-esque.



The inset panel is a sheer polka-dot fabric with a ribbon tie of the same and the buttons are tiny porcelain with flowers. The top is actually more red than it appears here so it has that red/white/black graphic element to it.



Finally Friday arrived! Thank goodness! I did have a client meeting so I toned it down just a bit. I had bought the sweater and the skirt in the picture but the sweater was an angora mix and finally pilled up so horribly and was so fluffy it had to go. But I still love the skirt. It's a purple tweed pencil skirt with great button detail and kicky pleats in the front and the back.


11-14-08 by Princess Poochie

The skirt was from Victoria's Secret from its "not-totally-trashy" collection. I was going to wear a slim v-neck knit top but for some reason I couldn't find it and ended up wear the Target Behnaz Sarafpour lace front cardigan again. I'm trying to reserve this so it too doesn't die an early death from over-wearing.



The skirt and slim cardigan have a retro feel to them so I thought I would wear a wiggly peep-toe stiletto with them. I have the Louboutin Yo-Yo Zeppas in black suede which I felt was a good texture to go with the lace and tweed elements in the clothes.



Whew! What a week. I'm exhausted. I have a party to go to tonight so now I have to think of what I'm going to wear to that.

Some folks asked if I have links to where I have bought some of my clothes. If I have a product image in the outfit collage, you can click on that and Polyvore stores the link. But if I just have a photo or you can't find something, let me know and I'll give you the info. I do tend to keep things, especially shoes, for a long time so eBay may be your best bet. Either way, let me know. I'm happy to help!

7 comments:

Robo said...

Those Oh Deer! shoes were the ones I was looking for! Very cute outfits all week :)

WendyB said...

I want to steal those Chanel tights. So fabulous.

Poochie said...

Wendy
Did you get those other tights?

Luv
Poochie

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

OMG - I think it would be heaven to gaze at your shoe collection. You rock!

Poochie said...

FLS -

Thanks! My closet is boring because they are all in boxes, but it is great fun to pull them out and play dress up/fashion show!

I could do that for hours. I'm sad, I know.

: )

Luv
Poochie

Anonymous said...

The application in this is flawless–she looks gorgeous!

Birdie! said...

Merde, Poochie! Some fine shoes in here! The black-and-white maryjanes with the two-tone leggings are gorgeous.