Friday, January 2, 2009

Vintage Inspiration

I love my vintage heels and count myself very lucky that I can usually fit into them when I find an amazing pair. Most of the vintage heels I find are pretty small and usually narrow. If you are buying online make sure to get the dimensions of the shoe interior and the width. The width is usually were even I have trouble. Vintage heels can be especially narrow. I have even had to go up a full size from my usual size.

But some shoes are worth it, like these vintage red velvet la Rose pumps.



They are stunning with the amazing 1960s curvy heel but, darn!, they are tight even on me. And pointy. The limo shoes of their day.

If you love the vintage style but despair of never having it because they aren't making them anymore and you can't find your size, look at what I found on Zappos - Lani by rsvp:




Look at the bombshell shape! Sexy red and guaranteed to put a sassy wiggle in your walk. I love these so much I may even have to get a pair for me so I can wear them every day.




Even better they are on sale for just under $54 and even available in a black satin and navy satin (both on sale too and $4 cheaper). For that price you can get all 3!

And the great thing is that you know they will never go out of style... they've already passed the test of time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those (both) are DEFINITELY hot. I love how the more modern version is still so classy and shapely. Meow!

Frankie said...

I have the same problem buying vintage shoes - damn my clown feet! But those are gorgeous x

Lisa said...

Gorgeous find!

MISS GLITZY said...

Same problem. I can't wear most of my vintage shoes but I still find their style inspiring.

WendyB said...

That vintage pair is so gorgeous.