Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

I'm finally, finally feeling better to the point that I feel it was "safe" to leave the house for more than half an hour. I think I was getting cabin fever. I hadn't left the house since Monday! We decided to go grab some dinner, run to Michaels for supplies for a shoe project (hopefully it will turn out well, I'll be taking pics) and go to the movies.

The movie wasn't great (Four Christmases) but it was nice to be out and put on real clothes for a change. I didn't wear anything fancy but, compared to yoga pants and a 15 year old sweater it was quite a step up. I wore my Gap jeans, a grey wool Mossimo blazer, my Paraphernalia brooch and my black buckle Aerosole heels.



12-27-08 by Princess Poochie

The top was one of the JCrew tissue sequin tees I got on sale over the weekend. I should buy these in more colors because I really like the cut. The v of the neckline dips a bit low and it worked really well under the blazer.



I think these are still on sale on the JCrew site for $9.99. I think I'm going to have to go and get more of the colors. I really like it. Maybe even another of the black, since I know that will get the most wear. Plus, more sequins!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! And you've just inspired me to check out the J. Crew website. I wonder if they ship to Canada...

Robo said...

Glad to hear you're better as well :)

Frankie said...

You have such a classic style. Love it. Also I've got cabin fever too! Thank god I'm going out for lunch today x

WendyB said...

Black, low-cut and $9.99? And I have a J.Crew gift card? I bought it! Plus the tuxedo-trim long-sleeve tee. Thanks for the inspiration!

I am feeling way better than I was the other day but as I'm trying to do laundry, I realized that "not lying on the bathroom floor" does not equal "feeling very good."

Poochie said...

Thank you all for your good wishes! I went back and bought 4 colors, including a second black one. And with the 20% off discount they added, I think they came to $8.

Wendy, I'm glad you are feeling better too. I can totally identify with being off the bathroom floor!

Frankie, thank you! I always want to work the layers but am finding that I am just no good at it. Oh well.

Luv
Poochie