Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ensemble du Jour

I should have warned you about all the outfit posts. You aren't used to it, I know!

On Thursday, I wore another new dress I got from the Saks (crazy low) sale after Christmas. What I liked about this one was the simple vintage-y shape, the jersey top with the ruched bodice which contrasts with the metallic, taffeta-like material of the skirt.



I like the shape a lot but I may have the skirt shortened an inch or two to hit just above the knee.



I paired the dress with one of my favorite pairs of vintage shoes - the amazing custom brocade heels that were never worn.



They have my favorite heel shape, but no cushioning to speak of!





I wore this dress originally with a wide black belt with a large patent buckle. The dress is DKNY and, again, the shoes are vintage via Ebay.


4 comments:

Ashe Mischief said...

Those shoes are AMAZING, Poochie! What a find. What a heel shape...what fabric. Swoon.

WendyB said...

Very nice. I'd probably go a wee bit shorter too.

Katie said...

agree with WendyB- shorter would be a little cuter. i love how you paired the two prints together! very pretty and not too matchy-matchy!

Anonymous said...

niiice, you already know i am crazy about shoes :))) [and skirts].

wondering who is taking all those pictures of you and especially detailed shoe pictures ?