Wednesday, March 30, 2011

On a Theme

I've always been more about the matching than the mixing.  It just doesn't come naturally to me to mix patters even though I'm trying to learn.  Luckily I've advanced far from my younger days of overly matched accessories.   So when I see "themed" shoes I know better than to over do it.

To tell you how bad it was, in high school I had a hot pink shirt with black polka dots.  I also had heart shaped earrings that were also hot pink with black polka dots. Umm hmm.... I probably would have worn these Kirkwood shoes with an equally rose-bedecked outfit (from Browns £475.00).

But that's not the worst of it.  One of my most notorious (and shamefully recalled) outfits was where I wore a white button down shirt with fruit painted on it, over a hot pink tank top and bright bright yellow pants.  This was accessorized with a bangle in the same colors and plastic fruit dangly earrings. It was the 80s but dear lord!  No wonder I didn't date much.  If these Charlotte Olympia heels were around (and not $1696.20!!!) I would probably have worn them at the time too.  Seriously, I had a problem.


Of course I don't think I would have gone this far.  Even I, who still loves a good theme-y shoe (aka my Ashley Dearborns) thinks the zebra mane is too much. (JC de Castelbajac $677.50)




I think the theme here is "No". 

Disclosure - I kind of want those Charlotte Olympia fruit heels.  Old habits die hard.

2 comments:

WendyB said...

Castelbajac is hilarious.

Doe Deere said...

And this is why I <3 Poochie. Too many people in blogosphere go on about how great their outfits are, but no one has the guts to talk about their BAD ones! Bravo!