Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Funky Functional

I'm going to be heading out to rainy Ireland soon and have been on the hunt for some boots to get me through walking and rainy weather. I started out buying a pair of the Jimmy Choo Hunter wellies but I wasn't as thrilled with the fit of them, so back they went. I did find a cute pair of plaid lined (perfect with the red and black wardrobe I'm bringing with me) duck-style boots from Target.


So these are going to be good for walking around town but I also plan on going riding if the cross-country course isn't too soggy. I found a nice pair of equestrain flat boots that I can dress up or wear in the saddle. If something happens to them then it won't be too big of an issue either.







I'll be putting these boots through their paces - lots of rain and cold, so I'll let you know how they work out.

3 comments:

WendyB said...

You're so brave to wear flats :-)
Have a great time!

Tam said...

Poochie,

Have you seen these ( http://shop.davrain.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3) i saw them and initially thought of you.. :)

Dayne | ShoeMall said...

Have fun in Ireland!

The bean-like boots should work well if the weather is rainy.

Those are great looking riding boots you've chosen as well for your trip.

At Shoemall, one of the most popular riding boots this season has been the Gateway from David Tate ($59.95):

http://www.shoemall.com/product/David-Tate-Womens-Gateway-14-Boot-Black-132700

Have fun on the trip!

Dayne