Friday, July 8, 2011

Ensemble du Jour: 7-8-11

In spite of the fact that it's a million degrees out and I'm not happy in/with this image, I'm sharing it because, well... I'm wearing a "mullet" skirt for WendyB.


I had actually fallen in love with a asymmetrical (aka mullet) skirt last fall but missed out on the one I really wanted.  I had called all over to no avail and over the winter put it out of my mind.  But I found this light jersey skirt at Nasty Gal (in two colors!) for only $38 and picked it up.



The fabric is very comfy and floaty.  It is actually perfect for summer as you can wear it with sandals or knee-high boots (not those tragic ones in the photo) or heels and while it's as easy breezy as a maxi skirt or dress, it's more interesting and attention grabbing!


I paired it with my custom Paraphernalia necklace and Camila Skovgaard Chastity Sandals. A strong graphic and sexy heel, especially with an ankle strap, works great with this skirt.  But I'm also planning on wearing it with a jacket and my Ann Demeulemeester triple-lace boots in the Fall.


I think Wendy is planning a round up of more skirts, so I'll link to it here when that happens.  I can't wait to see all the other outfits!

UPDATED:

Here is the Huffington Post feature on "mullet" styles written by Wendy Brandes.

5 comments:

Ashe @ Dramatis Personae said...

Ooooh, I LOVE the idea of that skirt in a jersey. Or rather, I love that skirt. I love it a lot, and love the idea of making one for myself. The lengths on it are just perfect.

Unknown said...

love this look on you. the outfit is perfect. and ooooh, those shoes! skovgaard has beautiful stuff.

K said...

Those shoes are insanely fabulous. And you know what, this is the first time I've seen a mullet skirt on someone and thought "omg I need one of those!". You look awesome!

Poochie said...

Thanks, ladies! It is a fun skirt and affordable too. I think it would be great for a day walking around or for travel.

Cupboard Love said...

Oooh lovely skirt - that might actually be something I would wear.

But those shoes - wow. Let me tell you, those are my absolute favorite shoes in your entire collection. I'm saving up to get a pair of my own someday!