Sunday, July 31, 2011

SD Review - Emjoi MICRO-Pedi

I am a pretty skeptical person when it comes to gadgets, especially beauty gadgets.  I don't buy into the infomercial sales pitch so I don't have anything like Ped-eggs, face trainers, or the like.  So when I received this Emjoi Micro-Pedi to check out, I was about to laugh it off as the typical nonsense.

But I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with how will this worked.
I have pretty sensitive feet (I never ever walk around barefoot), I wear heels a lot and my feeties tend to get kind of dry but I don't want to sleep in lotion and socks.  So I have a few buffers on hand to use in the shower or when I'm giving myself a pedicure, but they never quite do the job. I've even used those razor deals, which is dangerous for me because I have a tendency to injure myself all the time.

I decided to give the Micro-Pedi a test right out of the box... and it worked amazingly!

The Micro-pedi acts like a rotating buffer (almost like a large dremmel, actually) with two different rollers  - coarse/magenta and extra-coarse/blue) - that snap in and out at the touch of a button. I turned it on and ran  the roller over my heel.  No pressure is needed, the roller does all the work.

In just a minute or two, my heels were perfectly smooth and soft. I put on a little lotion and it was as if I'd had a full on pedicure. 


A week later my feet are still smooth without any dryness, which is not typical for me. I am a full on fan!

Right now the Micro-Pedi is available online and it retails for $39.95.  They'll be in stores, like Ulta and Sally Beauty, in September.

It's definitely the most effective (and for me the safest!) option I've seen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is definitely going on my wishlist! I have the same issues and the blades scare me. How long do you think the little attachments will last, assuming you only use it once a week?

Poochie said...

I think they'd last for a good long while but you can also get replacements too.

Bronwyn said...

I use one of these: http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-9368991-yellow-wood-rasp-plane.php
You have to be a bit careful over bones, but it works. It cuts away callus fast and doesn't dig into proper skin at all - unless there's a corner of bone underneath. Pumice and sandpapery things are too slow for me. Plus it's cheap, from the hardware store.

Lara said...

Thanks Poochie! I don't know why my 1st comment went in as "Anonymous". Anyhoo, yeah, I saw on the site that they have replacements for $20 I think. I wash my handled sand papery files and they last a long time so... def getting one of these!

Unknown said...

The official website of Micropedi.com is lunched now. You can get emjoi micro pedi from there in very cheap rate. You can also join the club micro pedi to get more discount on refills etc.