Friday, May 25, 2012

Trenched in with Kate Spade

One thing was made clear to me on my trip to San Francisco... I need a new stylish trench.

I have a vintage red trench, which is admittedly fabulous, but my more neutral tan one is horrid.  Its an old-old old, shapeless and marked up coat from the Gap that really has no redeeming qualities at this point other than I don't care if it gets more messed up. But if I'm going to be traveling for work or some place decent, I need a decent coat.

And Kate Spade's Topliner Trench fits the bill and suits my style to perfection.

I've been smitten with this coat for a few months now but, in trying to be somewhat frugal, I passed it up and its original $698 price tag.






But even though I tried to stop thinking about it, the bold piping and Florence Broadhurst lining still never left my mind.

    And, lo and behold!  When I checked back, it was 50% off.  Plus I had a 15% off discount as well,  
    making this lovely trench within my budgeted price range!







































I am soooo excited to wear this sweetie.  I have more trips coming up (look out NYC!) and it's going to be the perfect accompaniment to my adventures.


No comments: