Monday, March 21, 2016

Future Acquisitions for Curated Collections - Christopher Kane Irregular Stitching Boot

It's not often that a shoe stops me flat.
Sure there are those that catch my eye. That stand out. That make me say "Gimme!"

But this Christopher Kane boot is different.


And that's precisely what stopped me.

It's edgy not elegant. It's a bit wacky. A bit weird. A lot not my style.

But it is innovative. And unique. And special.

It's a shoe that make me want to have it in the collection. Not just to wear but to curate. It feels like a design acquisition even more than an awesome shoe to wear. 



I'm not sure if I'll get them, but I feel like I kind of need them. They're one of those interesting shoes you'll seen in fashion design books where they give historical context and retrospectives.

They're a touchstone in the evolution of shoes... and I want them.

No comments: