Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Pulling from the archives - Miu Miu Spring 2016

I was flipping through the Spring 2016 issue of Barney's The Window last night and chuckled when I saw the following feature of Miu Miu wedge sandals...


Why did I laugh?

Because I know that fabric.   It's from one of my favorite Miu Miu collections - Spring 2010.

I loved so many pieces from this collection, but especially my cat printed mary janes that I wear all the time...



I mean, hell, it's my site banner image!

But I recognized the prints used immediately.  Here they are in the original show from six years ago.








 Amazing.  But in a good way?  I'm not sure.

I love the threads of theme that carry through over the seasons for Miu Miu and Prada but I do find it surprising this reuse of fairly iconic patterns.  Six years isn't that long ago.  And frankly, the new shoe design has none of the girlish whimsy that paired so well with the fabric patterns.

I loved these designs but seeing them again now, well, this seems like a rehash.

No comments: