Monday, September 5, 2016

Making More with Miu Miu - Miu Miu Fall 2015 RTW Buckle Pumps

I have long been a fan of Miu Miu, especially the shoes that get sent down the runway each season, probably to my detriment.

But Miuccia is such an amazing designer and her eye for detail and continuity is so strong and really just amazing, that it's difficult for me to pass up.

The Fall 2015 RTW Collection was no exception.

This may be my favorite quote about a runway show in recent memory -
"As is often the case in Pradaland, there is always a drop of poison with the sugar-candy consumer desirability of this clothing—and that is what makes it all the more addictive, of course."

Hmmm... maybe that's my new aesthetic guiding principle right there. 

But the designs took the mid-century look and exploded it out with color and excess...



...and Glitter!!!!

Miu Miu does the best glitter. I'm kicking myself that I didn't get one of these two pairs.


 But I did end up with a piece that brings the excess of the runway down into a beautiful pump that I can't stop wearing and the embraces the pink that is very of the moment.

The buckles on the runway were large and colorful and paired with fuzzy heels (which I actually do like but didn't fee quite me).


This pair, which I'm adoring more each day, are simpler.




I'm wearing them with Erin Fetherston dresses and JCrew striped Tippi sweaters paired with cropped jeans. They've been summer but they're going to stay on through Fall again and into Spring.

I can't wait.


No comments: