Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ensemble Du Jour: 2-23-11

Even though the days are still cool, the bright skies feel like Spring.  It doesn't feel right to wear dark tones.  It's time for color!

I started with the shoes and worked from there.  I paired a tomato red Gap sweater, with a khaki pencil skirt and grey and white Nautica scarf.


I love this butterfly pin.  It was my grandmother's and is very intricate with movable wings.  I thought wearing it as a pin would be a nice tie back to my shoe details.

I just got these gorgeous crochet tights from Sock Dreams.  They're so beautiful.  I plan on wearing them with an airy white dress and oxfords this summer.

But, yep, it was all about the shoes!  I just received three (!!!) pairs of custom Hetty Rose shoes and these are the first to be unveiled.  I'm going to do some more romance shots but I couldn't wait to share!

I'm smitten by so many of her fabrics. It's hard to choose just one.  I love the butterflies, outlined in metallic ink with large embroidered butterflies in silver thread.




This design is the Amalie, which is my favorite shape.  A perfect round-toe pump paired with glorious fabrics.  How can you resist?

6 comments:

Lara said...

Looove those tights and the top-stitch detail on Hetty's shoes is so sweet!

WendyB said...

Beautiful shoes!

Brigit said...

Those tights are just lovely and what amazing shoes!

Hallie said...

Cute shoes, those make me long for spring :) So excited to follow along to see your future posts! :)

Which of these amazing neutral wedges would you choose - if you HAD to?

http://coralsandcognacs.blogspot.com/2010/04/heeling-process.html

xx, Hallie

leanne pizio said...

Those are gorgeous! love!
Thanks you two for coming to the show tonight. The Copmptons rock!

ql said...

That looks amazing!