Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
I am not a huge dress wearer and I'm trying to change that. I just feel that I have to be selective because I just don't think they flatter me (even though I wear tops and skirts almost everyday, go figure). When I saw a picture of a new Isaac Mizrahi dress in an ad for Target, I was so smitten with the colors that I was determined to give it a try.

The dress is a grey wool/flannel shirt dress with long sleeves and a tie belt that you tie into a bow. But what makes it special and a must-have is the "hidden" contrasting green herringbone trim that is found on the inside of the button placket, under the collar and inside the cuffs and on the reverse of the belt.

So at first you think it is mono-chromatic but then you get these flashes of really bright green.



At first I was actually challenged with what shoes I was going to wear with this dress to not be too matchy but play off the green. I debated black, silver, orange, etc. But then I remembered my vintage La Rose green heels! The retro style heel plays off perfectly with the style of the dress. I feel very 1960's career gal - sassy and sexy!

The color is a dark, almost olive green thin suede with metallic olive green leather scalloped around the edges and a brighter green metallic heel.



Don't you love that heel shape! I wish more designers would pull that back into rotation. It's not that high but it is smokin' hot!


The Focal Point
I rolled back the cuff so you couldn't miss the green and kept my jewelry to small pieces in gold, which, because of the yellow tones in the green, went well with the grey. I wore peridot studs and my gold heart locket.

I think this is the outfit I have received the most compliments on and it was actually comfortable. So more dresses will be in my future.

No comments: