Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
Target is pretty good about having inexpensive work wear but a lot of the time I find them to be too matchy. I prefer to wear the items as separates and my latest favorite is this really cute Mizrahi jacket. It has a matching skirt but I think it's better paired with jeans or a denim skirt.

The material is a herringbone tweed with brown "suede" collar and, what you don't see, elbow patches. I feel like a hip English professor, but saucy, because the lining of the jacket is the Mizrahi pink.

I love that pink. It goes with everything. so, to play up the flashes of lining, I wore camisole in the same pink (not in brown like you see here - bor-ing!), a chunky, sparkly pink ring and, of course, the shoes.




The Focal Point
Pink! Pink! Pink!

In addition to the camisole, ring and lining, I wore these super-girly Charles David candy pink heels. The materials is actually pony-hair but pink. Love them! And love Zappos for having them!



The shape is classic but the color is very "Down With Love". How could you pass these up?

No comments: