Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

I had yesterday off, which was great, but I still had to go out and about. I met a friend for lunch to talk about some website help he needs and then I had to get my 4th shot. I also made a quick stop by Michael's to get a frame for my new poster from Nubby Twiglet.

I have not had an opportunity to wear this dress yet so I decided to wear it for going out to lunch.
It's a Mizrahi for Target dress and is kind of a busy floral pattern in yellow and orange, which I almost never wear.


What I liked most about it was the shape of the dress and the contrast-pattern pleats going down from the waistline. To go to lunch I paired it with a cropped green cardigan and green Nine West Sandals that I've had forever.



They're actually a mite big on me.



But I liked the shape and design so much (and they were on sale at DSW) that I got them anyway.



Today we had to go for the installation of a historic marker at this 1815 home in our town. It was going to be a small garden party and open house, so I wore the dress again, but this time with a white cardi, keds and my white lace parasol. I have to keep my pasty white skin covered from the sun at all times!

But actually it is a gorgeous day out. I let the chickens out early to free range and we have a backyard Movie Night tonight. And I got my timesheets done on Friday night so I am all relaxed!

4 comments:

Valentina said...

I really like that dress.

Unknown said...

Hi!
I just added your blog as one of my favourits, 'cause I really like to "read you".
By the way, where are you from?

x

WendyB said...

Green is good. (But Soylent Green is people.)

Poochie said...

Lady V - Thank you!

Joana - Thanks for the add! I'm originally from Miami but am now living in North Carolina.

Wendy - YOu slay me! : )

Luv
Poochie