I am sooooo ready for another Sparkler, what about you???
Today's Sparkler, Kate, is a WONDERFUL young lady I've had the pleasure of working with. She came to work in my office as and intern and now I'm happy to call her a friend.
But, while I could go on and on about her, let's get her thoughts. I mean, that's why we're here, right?
I don't particularly like talking about myself, and prefer listening to other people, instead. But at the same time, I think it's important to be able to talk about yourself for purposes of self-awareness.
* I’d love to some day work for Smithsonian magazine – that’s the nerd in me coming out!
* I’m an old movie fanatic – give me a little Katharine, Grace or Audrey (maybe with a side of song and dance?!) and I’m happy.
* I’m convinced good food is always worth the wait and often extra money. I don’t mess around with my food.
* Despite my affinity for food I’m only a mediocre cook. I’m hoping my mom’s culinary talent will someday rub off on me.
* Your true best friends are the ones you don’t see for months but when you do finally see you pick up right where you left off - it's like you haven't missed a day. I'm so glad I have several of those in my life.
* I’m a firm believer that things always work out the way they should.
* I’m a voracious reader and am trying to expand my horizons beyond trashy murder mysteries.
* I love laughing until I cry.
* I have no musical talent whatsoever – it’s one big thing I think is lacking in my education. But I have been told I'm apparently not tone deaf. Surprising.
* Someone once told me they liked how I turned out - which made me hope that someday I can be as good a parent as my parents are.
* I think every woman should have a signature scent (or two). I’ve narrowed mine down to two but am not sure I could just choose one of them. I also wish I could wear men's cologne without smelling too manly.
* I come from a family of loud and crazy people (emphasis on crazy) - so if you can't deal with my family then you don't stand a chance!
Well, Kate... I think you've turned out great too and I'm so happy to know you!
If you want to chat her up, you can find Kate on Twitter too - http://twitter.com/katecsullivan
Okay... who's next?!? Come on, Sparkler, Spill it!