Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fashion Week - Stacy Lomman: New York Precious Metals Collection Spring 2011

I think it's only fitting that I finally start posting my Fashion Week coverage (I know! I know!) with Stacy Lomman's show - the Precious Metals collection. 

Stacy bootstrapped her way to creating this collection by using Kickstarter.  Wendy Brandes has been keeping track of the full story but suffice it to say, Stacy had a great level of interest and support.  Not just from friends and family but from many bloggers as well.  And a whole group of us showed up to see the show and applaud her success.


The show was wonderful, professional and inspirational.  The models were great and the venue was perfect for getting a close look at the attention to detail Stacy put into each piece.  These are some of my favorite shots from the collection which was inspired by 1960s Paco Rabanne and 1940s glamour.  (Check out all the shots in my FW Set on Flickr)






  
 




                   




Here's Ms Wendy doing her blogging thing... probably trying to get a better snap of her Cleopatra earrings that were featured in the show.

Afterwards we all mixed and mingled... and gushed over the work, of course!


I did get a chance to corner the lady of the hour to ask about her inspiration and her next collection, because with a response like this, you know there has to be one!


Stacy has already been featured on:

I can't wait to see what happens next.  Congratulations, Stacy!

7 comments:

stacy said...

Holy crap you got some GREAT photos! Can I borrow? I love the motion in some of them too! Such a nice post, thank you so much. You are so supportive! I had forgotten about our interview until now... that was fun!

Much love!
xo

K.Line said...

Those photos are UNBELIEVABLY good! And what truly stunning dresses. I would have loved to touch them...

Tricia said...

Love the interview, and your pictures are gorgeous!

John said...

Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

Nice piece! What a great feature on Stacy!

Unknown said...

Interesting fact to know about the Stacy Lomman's show ,the pictures given are also excellent to see.

__________________
Consumer Behaviour Dissertation

Anonymous said...

These photos are UNBELIEVABLY good! And what truly stunning dresses. I really like these dresses.


Send flowers to Pakistan