Saturday, December 26, 2009

Days of Intention - Day Seven: Austrian Christmas

Scenario:

I've been trying to refocus on adding more travel back into our lives. I love to travel and there are so many places that I want to see. Some are place I want to return to and experience more fully but some are totally new. And some are for the experiences as much as the location.

I had put this wish on my 2009 Goals list but it's being moved to 2010, because we did the trip to Ireland (tons of pictures here, by the way).

There's something magical about the idea of visiting Austria and Germany at Christmas time. Traveling in the winter is one of my favorite times to travel. Depending on where you are going it isn't peak season and everything seems more peaceful. Many people feel obligated to be on family trips so they don't travel at this time, so there can be great deals out there too. Yes, we miss some of the peak season events but the reduced stress seems to make up for it.

I'm hoping we can make this trip happen. Winter snows, train rides, confectionery castles and cuckoo clocks. I'm dreaming of the Black Forest and the Danube.

Ideal date:

December 25th.


Image credit: St. Anton am Arlberg, Tirol, Austria by Kruhme via Flickr

No comments: