Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ensemble du Jour: 12-10-10

I got all ambitious on Friday night and took a whole slew of pictures for posts.  I've been meaning to take outfit posts all week but have been leaving so late from work that it didn't work out.  But I had time on Friday so I thought I would try the auto-timer.  But the angles and lack of light made them all turn out crummy, so I asked the hubby to take a few shots.  Somehow I look like I'm 2 feet tall in a Willy Wonka room.  How did he even manage that?!?




But look - my hair's still dark!  And apparently I've lost all my lipstick and eyeshadow!  Whoo hoo!


But I did have sort of a cute outfit on.  Purple cardigan from New York and Company, lavender polka-dot cami from Target, woven, almost knitted skirt from Anthropologie (about 8 years ago), brown tights and Nine West TwoStepr pumps.



The details are what make this skirt, the overlapping panels, woven together multi-colored yarns/threads, the mint green velvet ribbon stitched through and the pom-poms.



I actually tried to style this similar to how the skirt was styled in the catalog.  I wish I'd saved it.  At the time they had these awesome wingtip heels in the shot and I couldn't find them in my size.  So I gave Nine West a shot and came away with two perfect pairs that had all the details I was looking for. 

These are great because they fit perfectly and are not too high for walking around all day.






They're so snazzy, I love them. They feel like precursors to all the brogues and oxfords I'm wearing now.

1 comment:

TheShoeGirl said...

adorable... as usual ;)