Tuesday, September 8, 2009

SD Review: Flojos Flip Flop Sandals

A while back I was contacted by the lovely folks at Flojos and asked if wanted to try out some of their sandals. I'm always looking to try things out so I can give a first hand impression, so I gratefully accepted their kind offer.

Flojos, located in Thousand Oaks, CA, have been around since 1979 and have a HUGE selection of styles for women, men and kids. I told them to surprise me with the styles they sent.

When I opened the package I found a pair of the Zebras in pink and a pair of the Edens in silver/white "snakeskin". The Zebras have a flat padded sole, a bit of arch support and a cushy rolled thin strap.



The Edens have a slight wedge to them and the strap is flatter.



I will be the first to admit that I am not a huge flip flop wearer. In spite of growing up in Florida (one of the official flip flop/sandal states) I never wore the style a lot.

Now this may have been because as a child I wore a pair while riding a bike and happened to get my foot caught on the pedal, knock myself over and scrape up the top of my foot (let that be a lesson to you kids, wear protective shoes while riding a bike). My other theory is that I find this style of shoe to be very casual. And while they go perfectly for a beachy lifestyle, I think they should not be worn to work, the mall etc., like many people do today.

Flip flops are ideal for the summer. Of course, I also tend to get mauled by mosquitoes during the summer so I don't wear these in the yard either.

All that said, I like them! I have found the Zebras to be very comfy and I have been wearing them around the house quite a bit. The pink/black combo is bold and a lot of fun.



The Edens, which are a bit more subdued, have become my yoga sandals. They're sleek with a bit of shine to them. Calmer and more upscale.

Both sandals have held up well from a wear and tear standpoint, in terms of comfort and even keeping clean.

There are lots of styles, colors, patterns and prices, so make sure to check them out!

Luv
Poochie

5 comments:

Intrinsically Florrie said...

I'm not much of a flip flop person either, but for appropriate occasions those pink zebra ones are HOT!

Florrie x

WendyB said...

Ugh ...I could FEEL the pain from your description of your childhood accident.

I V Y said...

wow love the print! i actually love everything zebra print hah. :)

Roxy sadals uk said...

wow amazing collection of the flip flap and i just like to buy the black one.....

oneill sandals said...

Wow!I love the stuff design of flip flop that is really innovative design and i like most zebras pink flip flop.