Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Conversation with Myself or How to Pick an Outfit

I wonder if I'm the only one who has these types of conversations with themselves.

I always vow to pre-plan my outfit the night before but invariably I don't. I really should because for a simple outfit like the one below, I have a crazy discussion with myself while I'm brushing my teeth 2 minutes before I'm supposed to leave the house.


9-21-09


It goes something like this:

"Damn, I'm tired"

"I'm feeling kind of grey today"

"Well, yeah, it is grey out... and rainy."

"Okay, let's use grey eyeshadow."

"Crap, what the heck am I going to wear today"

"Ooohh look! That silver ring from 12 years ago. Let's wear that on a necklace with the charm from a purse I don't have any more."

"I want to wear my pink ribbon suede Louboutins."

"In the rain? Are you crazy?"

"Yes. What can I wear that will go with the pink?"

"I can't believe I don't have more pink clothes! WTF?"

"It's too cold to wear the big poofy pink skirt."

"I do have this other pink thing.. a tee-shirt. But I actually have to go to work and not look like a slob."

"Okay, wear the shiny silver skirt with it. And and then jean jacket to tone it down and keep from freezing."

"Fine. No time to actually look at myself. Late!"

This all takes place in about a minute and a half. Luckily it is not out loud.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahah! Whatever you're doing, it's working! You really do have a knack for coordinating cute outfits and making work clothes fun!

Neat to see the evolution that takes place in the stylist part of your mind!

WendyB said...

You think on your feet...so to speak ;-)

AlixRose said...

I've had mornings like that, for sure. But I think you're way funnier than I am .. seriously!

Sarah Von Bargen said...

I would love to wear those poofy pink skirts every blessed day! Screw you, weather.

K said...

I have the exact same conversations with myself! So glad I'm not the only one.