Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ensemble du Jour - 10-6-10

So 10 years later, it seems I've finally bought into the whole military-olive-green jacket trend.  But I swear I bought this way earlier in the year.  It's just been too darn hot in NC to wear it until now.  But I love it.  I found a long jacket with the great color and all these wonderful details.



Of course, being a bit more girl-y, I paired it with a tonal Michael Kors sequin tank and a denim pencil skirt.  I love sequins.  There, I've said it.  You didn't know, did you?


Isn't it cute?!?  It's by Kayla and I bought in sale on YOOX.


Lots of pockets, which are great, but what got me is the knotted cuff detail.


Here's a better view of the tank, which came from Macy's and is now on sale (darn it!).  The sequins have a bit of a camo pattern that I think you can see in my picture above.


I paired this with my camo Manolo Blahnik Sedaraby d'orsay heels.   They're the perfect green and combine the same mix as the outfit - satin, camo, crystals.



Here's a better view:

I hope we keep enough of the Fall weather so I can get some more use out of the jacket before Winter really sets in.  At least it is a piece that I can wear forever.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Military-inspired anything has been around long enough to be considered classic, I think. It's out, then it's in, then it's out again. I'm hanging on to my military-inspired items because I love 'em anyway. :P

Alice said...

I love what you've put together - especially the jacket.