Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Planning for Poverty: Prada and Miu Miu Spring 2011

I am no longer allowed to look at the Prad and Miu Miu runway collections.  I just seem to want almost every pair of shoes each season.  It really is a problem.  They are just too good. 

I love Miuccia knows the way to my heart... it's through her shoes.   I love that each season is brand new but that you can also see the cues evolving from previous years and between the Prada and Miu Miu collections.

This season the Prada collection plays with the bold colors and patterns for Spring but evolves the classic 40s-50s shapes from Fall into the more streamlined and even quirky tropical looks from the mid-to-late 50s.










I will be getting one of those straw pairs (probably red) and the chartreuse and black stripe mary janes.  Ummm hmm..

But then at Miu Miu you see those same bright colors amped up to near florescence with black and metallic.  The wingtip elements and multi-strap mary janes are back and even more strappy!  There's even a bit of the tea cups/candlesticks in the Art Deco swirls and angles as well as some of the Prada "fairy" collection in the cutouts.










There are so many to love but I think the hot pink and black ones just above are my favorites.  But I might need the green/silver/black ones too.

These collections caused a bit of a stir and, I think, rightly so.  The clothes were vibrant and playfully patterned, which appealed to me.  I could see myself wearing a few of those outfits.  But the shoes, again the shoes are a home run.

5 comments:

Lara said...

"Planning for Poverty"!! So great. I was pretty shocked by the Prada show but the shoes are definitely beautiful! The woven ones are my favorite!

WendyB said...

I love them all....I am dying over the silver Pradas.

emily said...

man.. just now getting back to reading blogs again.. great shoes! and for some reason i see "steampunk" in the MiuMiu collection .. heheh

Honey! said...

Poochie--how does one get their hands on these? I've called Miu Miu in Vegas and LA and they're both kinda not helpful. Any tips?

Krista said...

I would really love to get a pair of these...the green/silver/black are my fav!