Friday, January 4, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

In spite of the crummy day we had yesterday, there was a bright spot - I got my package from YOOX.com. The skirt is lovely but the shoes are even more awesome in person than on the picture! Of course I had to wear them right away.

The Outfit
Moss green velvet with gold hardware and heels and tan leather accents - kind of a challenge, but I think I did pretty well. I'm wearing a dark brown corduroy jacket from Target, my new sequin crest critter tee from JCrew, a dark brown pencil skirt and, of course, the new heels.

The texture of the corduroy works to pick-up the texture in the velvet, the shine of the sequins plays off the gold hardware the colors are muted enough to go tie the brown to the green. I wore a pair of peridot swing earrings (sort of like the ones shown but darker green and more elaborate) set in a dark gold to hint at the other pieces.



Love this t-shirt!



The Focal Point
The shoes, of course! They are so European and fashion forward and excessive. I luv them!

2 comments:

StyleSpy said...

Those shoe are kah-razy! Love them! Very excited you liked the skirt -- let's see a pic of you in it!

Poochie said...

They are even prettier in person. I will have to find a place to wear my new skirt and pics will come!

Luv
Poochie