Thursday, January 10, 2008

Varietals and Versions

One of my favorite times is when the designers start adapting their fabulous designs for the different stores so that each store (were talking Saks/Neiman Marcus/Barneys) gets a "unique" shoe.

What I like about it is that if you like a particular element but not the total package, you can find a variation that works for you.

Now, granted all of these are gorgeous Prada heels, but I do like having the option to pick my favorite version of them.

First up - a classic peep-toe at Saks for $750. These are my favorites.





These are slightly different being in black and the crystals are clear. As sandals, they really stand out. They're also $750 at Bergdorf Goodman.




And last but not least the mary jane peep-toe option available at Neiman Marcus for, you guessed it, $750. I guess they are sticking to that MSRP.






Now obviously there will be overlap (espceially for Neiman and Bergdorfs) from store to store. What bugs me is when you can't find a version (possibly seen on a star or in a magazine) to buy it. Or when you don't know all the versions out there. Like during the fall season when Miu Miu did all the versions of their brougue heels. The ones I bought I love but later I found out there were a million other versions and it made me crazy that I didn't know them all.

I'm sure as an average person who also does not have access to all the great stores on a regular basis I'm going to miss out somewhat. Which makes me sad. Don't they want my money????

I have been using Shopstyle.com a lot to see all the shoe versions of particular brands. It's great because it will link you directly to the site selling the shoe I want. I love enabelers!

I haven't used all of the functionality of the site, but I'm liking it so far. See what you think.

No comments: