Thursday, January 3, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

Today was the coldest it has been all year so far - 18 degrees. Which is really cold for the South. And to top that, our power went out while I was finishing up my shower this morning. Which means I had to blow dry my hair at work.

Awesome.

I also had a client meeting (which I later cancelled due to said power outage) so I was trying to look a little decent.

The Outfit
I'm dressing in layers so I wore a white camisole, my new JCrew "Postcard" camisole, a brown Target skirt and brown ribbed tights. Over this I had my big long coat and brown. gloves.



For shoes I'm wearing a pair of Nine West brown and tan wingtip pumps with a sturdy chunky heel. From the side:



From the front:



The Focal Point
I didn't wear a lot of jewelry or anything because the somewhat-busy-but-in-a-good-way print of this cardigan captures all of the attention. There's no trying to compete with that.



Of course, this isn't going to do me much good when I'm having to chip the ice off my water to drink it since it's so friggin' cold in my house.

No comments: