Monday, January 7, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
I've been dying to wear some of my new purchases. I wanted to wear those gold shoe-boots from eBay but I have a meeting and didn't want to look too crazy. So I grabbed new
red snakeskin Manolos that I had bought on sale and built my outfit around that.

I'm wearing my new JCrew Sparkle Tartan Madeline blouse in Midnight, a black camisole (the JCrew top is pretty sheer), my black pencil skirt and my vintage ring on a chain as a necklace.



This shirt is a little frou-frou, but I don't think it's too overwhelming. The sleeves are a little voluminous but I love the ruffle collar.



The Focal Point
But it's all about the Manolos. The silver thread in the shirt picks up the shine of the heels and the red color is quite bold, especially in contrast to the dark of the outfit. I'm wearing a muted red lip to tie it together and I brought along a vintage red lizard bag to decant for going to lunch and to my meeting.



The outfit has a lot of classic elements but done in a kind of sassy way.

No comments: