Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
I admit, this looks a little ridiculous here in my Polyvore collage, but in person it's a lot better. Really. I swear.

The top is a very dark forest green and is a lightweight sweater from Gap. The skirt is kind of a mouse-grey corduroy above the knee skirt from Old Navy. I'm wearing my Tabio socks that are a darker grey with dark green bands at the top and across the instep.



Here is what they look like:



I have all these colors:



I was struggling at first this morning with what shoes I wanted to pair up with this since the socks can be kind of tricky. I ended up with the cream and black Nine West "Ruffled" pair and needed jewelry to tie those colors into the outfit, so I decided to have the inaugural run of my Paraphernalia Anatomica Arm bracelet.

From far away you can't really tell what it is but up close you see the detail and its slightly morbid nature.



It's a bit scratchy though.

I didn't want to wear anything too frou-frou, so I am wearing my vintage Trifari owl necklace. It's pretty big - about an inch and a half tall. And he's very touchable. I love him.


Hoot! Hoot!
Someone as cute as me will never be out of style!

Here is a better picture of the shoes. They live up to their name and would be good with dark tights and a winter white skirt, or even really bright tights.



Focal Point
But the focal point has to be the socks. Mainly because they made me have to work for it this morning.




And on 4 hours of sleep that isn't an easy task. But that's how dedicated I was to getting dressed today.

- yawn -

P.S. The stylish Queen Michelle has these as well and I borrowed a few of her images as mine were not nearly as good. So photo credits are due.

1 comment:

WendyB said...

Oh my God! He's so cute!