So I told you I was inspired to embellish stuff and was getting all crafty over the weekend. Well here are the first fruits of my labor. Since, you know I love the shoes and anything about shoes, plus my love of ribbons and vintage, I decided to make some ribbony shoe clips.
I made eight different pairs out of materials that I had - lots of ribbon, vintage clip earrings, buttons and Swarovski crystals. All images enlarge so you can see the details better.
The pieces are:
1. Vintage silver feather earrings with fuschia bows
2. Pink ribbon with black edging and carved black buttons
3. Grass green grosgrain ribbon with green Swarovski crystal
4. Preppy variable stripe grosgrain ribbon with 4 clear Swarovski crystals
5. Butter yellow grosgrain bow
6. Preppy variable stripe grosgrain ribbon with grass green button
7. Fuschia grosgrain ribbon with vintage painted heart buttons
8. Brocade ribbon in creme, blue and brown
I'm planning on charging about $8 a pair, depending on the materials used.
I still have a few kinks to work out and am testing out how comfortable they are and how well they stay on the shoes. I think they turned out super adorable and plan on putting them in my Etsy store over the weekend.
What do you think?