Monday, July 30, 2007

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
While I was out of town on business I dropped into Old Navy. I haven't shopped there in a while because sometimes the disarray and noise makes for a stressful shopping experience, but as my luggage got lost I wanted to grab something comfy to wear in the hotel room. I got a cute t-shirt and some pj pants but I also grabbed a few tops, including a poof sleeved white button down.

My outfit today started with this top and then a dove grey pleated Isaac Mizrahi skirt from Target. With it I wore my Lecia peep-toe slingbacks in Parospa from Nine west (in real life they are more nude than pink).



This was a very cool and neutral outfit for my first day back to work.

The Focal Point
And every outfit has a focal point. Typically, for me, it's shoes, but today it was the poofy-ness of the shirt sleeves:

They poof just at the elbow and have a Marie Antoinette feel to them that I luv! I'm inspired to buy more embellished girly things. What will eBay turn up??? Hmmmm......

No comments: