Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another Fall

I may not be always be lucky, but I am patient, especially when it comes to shoes I fall in love with. And, with enough time, I think the luck can be made to happen.

Last year I fell for these Chanel black and white spat boots cleverly photographed on Claudia in Central Park.



Nice legs, but look at those boots!



Had to have them... couldn't find them. But then, on one of my rare visits to eBay, there they were! My size (or close enough). Way priced off retail. And all for meeeeeee........!!!!



For their first foray out, I paired them with black tights and a chunky, comfy sweater dress.



Those are snaps going up the outside.



To continue the whimsy, I added my black and white and red Alice's White Rabbit necklace from Paraphernalia.



Needless to say, I need to avoid eBay now for another 6 months. It's just too tempting and dangerous for me. But Miss WendyB will be pleased to know that I did snipe!

5 comments:

WendyB said...

Loving this whole outfit. And yay for sniping!

Anonymous said...

I love them. Deeply. I wish I had them!

*ahem* must regain control...

Ashe Mischief said...

Yay! Your perseverance and daydreams paid off! (Also, I have that same necklace tooooo)

kristophine said...

I just love those boots. Somewhere between a Victorian gentleman and Helena Bonham Carter...

Laura said...

I like these. The urbanoutfitters booties never came in I'm guessing? Speaking of Chanel, I found these tights that are almost twins to Chanel tights but only 18 bucks: http://glammed.blogspot.com/2009/10/anthro-junkie.html