Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The World is Buzzing

The Fashion world has got to be buzzing about the Alexander McQueen show. I'm not going to add a lot more to what has already been said or covered other than to say... I wonder how long those models got to train on the shoes...

The clothes took a huge back seat to these babies.

I really love most of McQueen's shoes. It will be interesting to see how these get translated when retail comes around. There were more "wearable" styles but these fetish exaggeration styles really stole the show.

Check out more pics on Imelda's site


4 comments:

WendyB said...

I'm amazed because lately I haven't seen many models who can walk in regular shoes!

Intrinsically Florrie said...

There's something I love about those shoes. I think it's the sparkles, which look especially nice on the colour shoe pictured.
But there's also something about the shape that isn't quite working for me. I'm sure they'll look wonderful in some high fashion editorials though. I wonder how they'd last on a cobbled pavement!

Florrie x

Fashion By He said...

awesoem blog

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'm a trained ballerina heel user, so trust me when I tell you that the models are not en pointe. I think it is a platformed high heel with extra material above the foot to make it look as if they're en pointe. It is impossible to walk in their position if a true ballerina heel were worn.