Monday, October 26, 2009

What's happening Jimmy Choo?

Is it just me or has the design quality at Jimmy Choo gone way way down? I'm talking into the Victoria's Secret Colin Stuart craptastic design realm.

Choo used to be one of my top 3 favorite designers and now I barely look at it. And here are some reasons why:







A studded eagle boot? Really?


Doesn't the zebra stuff look JUST LIKE the H&M pieces? Why spend $700+?






I used to think of Choos as sexy yet classy. Now there seems to be a plethora of tacky.
Are greed and the excitement of their brand extensions going to their heads over there?


9 comments:

The Mighty J said...

Wow those are very bad - eekk!

WendyB said...

I often love ugly things and even I don't love those :-(

Elle said...

You know, I've been noticing a decline in the Choos lately, too. It seems they've departed from "classic, elegant and demure" to "ZOMG WILD AND TUH-REND-AY!" =\

These shoes just punctuate what I've been feeling. Glad I'm not the only one!

laura said...

Ewwww! Tacky, tacky and more tacky. Really disappointing, I normally love the Choos :(

Michelle said...

Oh my god, those first ones. Like...maybe if I saw them at Hot Topic for $20 I'd buy them for kicks and giggles to wear to the next 80's themed party I went to. But those are designer?! The grommets aren't even straight!

TheShoeGirl said...

YIKES... and LOL @ Wendy B

sweetie said...

Poochie, I'm with you. I don't even want anything from their H&M collaboration, and their main line is gone a bit chav-tastic :( And how about the pink leopard print stiletoes? Why, oh why to pay hundreds for something that looks like it's from ShoeZone (a really cheapo shoe shop in UK, don't know if you have it in States)?

mari said...

agreed! and like the comment before mine, none of the shoes from the H&M line are appealing at all. luckily there's a few of the clothes that I am hoping to buy.

Katyusha said...

Thank you! I'm not the only one to think this too.