Friday, October 30, 2009

Ensemble du Jour

This past Tuesday the rain was pouring down all day so no even half-way decent outside outfit shots. But while I didn't get many pictures, I did stay cozy in my new favorite vintage jacket.

I love this. It has the most snuggly lining and the outside is this gorgeous coppery gold brocade asian fabric with white and pale blue flowers. When I tried this on in the store I just could not take it off. I knew it had to come home with me.



I paired it with a grey-blue sequin placket JCrew henley tee, in case I got too snuggly warm.




I actually wore this with jeans. It's rare that jeans make an appearance when I go to work but, eh!, I was chilly.

More detail shots:





For shoes I wanted something to pick up the same burnished metallic tones and pulled out my Hype Farfalla slingbacks.





The rhinestones are a great copper-orange and there is a really neat mesh fabric detail that wraps around the toe.








I bought another coat at the vintage store too but it has yet to make it's debut outing. It's a very faux fur 60s swing/chubby coat. I feel like a cross between Doris Day and the StayPuft Marshmallow man.
I may look that way too, we'll have to see.


No comments: