Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
I've sort of slowed on on showing the outfits, haven't I? I guess I've just been a bit lazy and not really inspired.

What I wore yesterday was kind of simple. The top is from the Proenza Schouler Go International line for Target, along with a khaki A-line skirt. Since the shirt is pretty graphic I just wore my watch as jewelry. Okay, it was really because I was running way late to work and didn't have time to think up more inventive pairings.



The Focal Point
I wanted to leverage the white accents and sort of classic almost nautical feel from the shirt so I pulled out one of my favorite pairs of white heels. I know a lot of folks don't like white heels but I just don't understand it. If they are done well, they can be so cute and classy.

I love these Charles David pair becuase they are in a great white patent and have jaunty white tassles. I adore tassles on shoes. They're so cute.













My only challenge is that the top is a bit too big, so while I love the color pairing and the details of it, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. I just don't have the room to keep stuff that doesn't fit as well as it should or if I'm not totally in love with it (ideally it should be both!).

No comments: