Friday, July 11, 2008

Oh, My Giddy Heart!

In spite of some of the Stella McCartney craziness we saw from her this past season, I was totally smitten with these platform sandals. I was browsing the Barney's sale (why? why? why???) and saw them. There. On sale. For a huge amount off.

OMG!

Luckily they didn't have my size.

But never one to let a shoe get away I thought, well, maybe I'd just see if there were any in my size in the stores. Now, these started at 6, per the Stella site, so I probably won't even have the option.

Yeah, no, they had a 5.5 and it was the last one left.

Dear Reader, I got them.










I hope they are as beautiful in person as they are here. I think they are going to make me 10 feet tall! There's still plenty of warm weather left to wear them, right???

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I share in your giddiness! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

oh yes... there is plenty of warm weather... if not, take a trip to miami?
;)

beauty!

WendyB said...

I've gotten very fond of her carved wooden heels (despite the lack of leather) but they don't come close to fitting me comfortably. So my wallet is safe from Stella for the time being.

Anonymous said...

hi lady... i hope you don't mind... but you've been tagged.
;)

TheOnlineStylist said...

Hey Poochie! I picked up your blog from Lady coveted...OMG...it is so great...and congratulations on being one year old! I got started in May and reading what your entry on what inspired you to start sounds familiar! I visited SAKs 8th floor shoe dept on my trip to NYC this year and purchased my first pair of Louboutin's....and now Im hooked! You are going on my blog list and I will be passing you on to my shoe and fashion obsessed friends here in the UK! Love these heels...V high! Im off to buy the book..How To Walk in High Heels! xOxO thatgirl

Poochie said...

Wendy - I didn't have much luck with her satin pumps this fall so I'm curious to see how these are.

Lady Coveted - A tag! Fun! I'll go check it out. Thank you.

ThatGirl - Thank you for your sweet words and for coming by. Please, invite everyone to stop in. I hope these heels aren't too high for me. I'll let you know

Luv
Poochie

queengilda said...

omgomgomg. they're soo puuuweeeeetty!!! i hope they fit you well!!!

Poochie said...

Gilda - I'll let you know! I can't wait!

Lollie - Thanks!

Luv
Poochie

Gi said...

I almost bought these shoes today, they were on sale at Joyce for $3600. BUT when i had them on they felt like they were falling off my legs, so I bought another pair from her instead :p

Poochie said...

Gi -

That is crazy expensive! I got these on a major sale. We'll have to see how they fit to determine if I keep them or not.

Luv
Poochie