Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Devil's in the Details

Friday night we went out with our good friend Miss C for her bday. It was going to be a pretty casual group and we were going to a non-fancy restaurant, so I didn't want or need to get too dressy. Also we were going right after work so I wouldn't have a lot of time to change.

But even though I was not dressing up, I still wanted to have some very "me" items since I would be meeting some new folks. So, I went simple with the clothes, just Gap jeans and a scoop-neck black top.

But I jazzed it up with some red "details"...



Of course I picked the shoes first - the red sequin Manolos (luckily I didn't wear my red double-strap Nine West mary janes - Miss C wore hers). Then I wore my Paraphernalia heart necklace. To keep with the red but a totally different style element, I switched into my (80s?) vintage clutch.

Maybe a little matchy but because the styles and textures were all different, I think they played off of each other in a fun way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Poochie! Did you get lots of comments on your necklace? Stunning piece,(I totally heart it. Ha!) I'd love to hear people's reactions to it
:)
Carrie

Poochie said...

Carrie

I always get surprised reaction and a lot of people think it is a tattoo which is funny too.

I just love it because it's pretty big and sort of odd.

Luv
Poochie

Anonymous said...

I have the black/white version of that Paraphernalia necklace -- I love to wear it.