Friday, November 30, 2007

Ensemble du Jour

Even though I don't watch Gossip Girl, I was love love loving the Sam Edelman boots Blair (is it Blair, really?) wore in the picture. So I immediately got them. In the photo, she is wear a black patent trench but I have no idea what her actual outfit was, so I had to come up with something on my own.

The Outfit
The red tights are very bold especially when paired with the boots. I wanted something that would feel right with them, and the weather as well as pick up the colors in the boots, so I decided on a dark green and navy plaid pleated skirt with a dark green cable-knit sweater from JCrew. To pick-up some of the shine I paired it with a large gold brooch.



The Focal Point
The tights are, to put it mildly, bold, but everything is all about showcasing the boots.



Aren't they smart? I will be wearing them with skirts a lot.

By the way - these boots are even MORE on sale at SmartBargins.com but only an 8 was left as of today.

No comments: