Monday, November 26, 2007

Aaaannnd... We're back!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!

We were in Chicago hangin' with family so I didn't get to post much. Since we were going to the craziest airport in the US, I fully anticipated delays and lost luggage and general mayhem. We had booked our tickets with this in mind, so we were leaving early Wednesday morning and coming home on Saturday, rather than pushing our luck on Sunday.


Photo source: Geoff Diamond

Leaving our small airport for our direct flight to Chi-town was uneventful. We did have a two hour delay because the flight crew got in late the night before but that ended up working out for the best. To get to our airport is easy so we got some extra sleep and packing time, which was needed. We were checking bags, which I was loathe to do since I always think my bag is going to get lost especially since it was a new suitcase, but when we got to our airport there were no big lines for security.

I love our airport.

On Friday, the husband and I somehow decided it would be a good idea to take the train downtown and go shopping. I love to shop (obviously) and I love that they have stores I don't have in town but shopping on a crazy shopping day, and with another person, is not conducive to an enjoyable shopping experience.

Needless to say, I didn't really buy much. Although I did see some items in person that I had been longing for as well as a few items that I had not seen online. Plus I saw a ton of girls wearing great flat boots and now I want some even more!

First stop was Neiman Marcus (of course) and then Water Tower Place.


Photo source: Fickr - Caribb

At Neiman Marcus we made a quick round through the floors and spent a few moments in the shoe department. I actually didn't see anything I wanted (or didn't already have or have on order) so, while somewhat sad, I did not leave frustrated. I actually was the most tempted in the purse department. They had the YSL Mombasa sequin hobo there and it was just a pretty in person.

But I didn't leave Neimans empty handed. I did get the new Jo Malone perfume - White Jasmine and Mint. We tried a few of them as well, but both of us kept coming back to this one. It's very pretty and not overly sweet or spicy. I'm wearing it today and it smells yummy.



In Water Tower Place (a madhouse!), we went to Sephora and I got a bunch of things I had been holding off on. I got tempted by their new catalog of over-the-top looks. Even though I don't know where I could go wearing this much make-up, I still love it.



I got Benefit's BADgal Lash mascara in BADgal Blue...



... Too Faced's Sparkler Glamour Gloss in Pink Bling (super sparkly)...



... and Too Faced's Kitty Glitter in Pussy Galore (I know!) and more.



When I got home, I realized I have three things of pink glitter, so I guess I need to go around with glitter all over my mouth for the rest of the year.



Smooch!

But the big bargain find of the day was my Nine West clutch. When I saw this back in August, I loved it then, but when I went to go get it, it was no where to be found!

I've been looking around for it ever since then, to no avail.


We went into a Nine West on Michigan Avenue - nothing. Then, in Water Tower Place we were by the Nine West and decided to pop in on the off chance. There was one sitting on a shelf behind the register and I asked if I could take a look at it. It was still cute and so I opened it up to take a look at the inside at the price tag.

Originally this was priced at $120. When I saw it before it was $80. The price tag read $19.99.

Shut up!

So we asked the sales person to verify the price. She gave it a quick scan and said, no, the price was wrong.... it's actually $9.99!

Whoo Hoo!

Anyhow, the next day it was on to home and, even though it wasn't bad weather or overly crazy at lovely O'hare, United still managed to transfer us onto three different planes and make us almost 5 hours late.



Photo source: Flickr disgruntled

Thank goodness that ordeal is over.

If that wasn't exhausting enough, I came home and decided to do the big "Seasonal Switch" - go through all my clothes and shoes, move stuff, purge stuff and reorganize everything.

I have way too much stuff, but at least it's neat.

No comments: