Monday, March 31, 2008

DSW is the Devil

Over the weekend I went to DSW not one, but two times! I haven't been to a DSW in ages. There wasn't one close by and in the last several years I have not had much luck finding stuff in my size that I liked.

But they just opened one in the shopping area not far from me. My dear friend Miss S's birthday was Saturday so we decided to make a day of it. We went to DSW and then lunch and some of the other stores like JCrew and Ann Taylor that were there also. I gave Miss S a lovely multi-stone necklace and earrings in green and, as always, she looked beautiful.

What's fun about going shopping with S is that we wear the same shoe size. But, we don't compete for the shoes. Our taste is a little different, but it's fun to both try on the same pair. Not that they always fit the same.



We made the rounds and hit the sale room and then camped out in one of the many booth areas to try out our spoils, of which there were many, and narrow down the selection. Here's our pile in progress.



Miss S found some great items like these adorable yellow retro-y peep-toes. I may just have to borrow those! They're super cute. She also got some great Nine West sandals and some vintage looking shiny champagne sandals to wear with her vintage dress. They are so perfect.



I actually went there looking for a particular style of shoes. I had decided I needed a pair of wide strap brown heeled sandals to wear with my new Target blue and white dress. I found this great pair of Franco Sarto "Million" sandals. I like that they have a texture too. They're just perfect and just what I wanted as well as being comfy.



My other buy on Saturday was from the sale room. These I don't need at all but how could I resist a pair of opalescent pink oxfords on a white stacked heel. Plus, they were on major sale. They are just Poochie-tastic!



On Sunday, my other friend Miss C wanted to hang out and since she had not been to the mall the DSW is in, we decided to head over there. Plus, who can't use new shoes? Apparently me because I got two more pairs while I was there with her. What the heck!?!
I was totally seduced by patent leather and cannot be held responsible for my actions. Plus, I had 30% off coupons both days so bar-gain!


Just ignore all of those shoe boxes the new shoes are sitting on. They are completely irrelevant.
; )


I ended up getting these grey ombre patent peep-toe heels by Kelly & Katie. I tried looking this brand up online and found out that this is one of DSW's store brands and I think they are actually manufactured by Liz Claiborne. I'm wearing them to work today and they are really comfortable. Plus they were pretty inexpensive. If I ever get around to making my ombre stockings I might pair them up. I am totally on a grey kick. What is this #4? Yikes!



Then I got these double strap mary janes from Nine West. I had seen these on Saturday but had dismissed them because the smallest size they had was a 6 and I am a pretty true 5 in Nine West shoes. But they were so shiny and sparkly and so red that I had to try them on and see if I could make them work.
Sadly, they were so frickin' gorgeous on that I had to get them. What's just as bad is that I convinced Miss C to get a pair too and she looked hawt! I promise to get better pictures of all of these. It's really crummy and dark out and the photos do not do them justice, especially not the red ones.


Miss C did not fare much better. She got these saturated teal little mary janes (so adorable), some bright grass green flats, the smoking red Nine Wests like mine and some sexy brown and orange floral satin heeled sandals that Miss S and I had been dying over the day before. Sadly they didn't come anywhere near our size (so we were out of luck). Therefore, Miss C was not allowed to leave without them.

I had been safe for a while but now that DSW is in town I am in a dangerous position. They need to hurry up with that birthday coupon!