Friday, September 26, 2008

Both Ends of the Spectrum

Wellllll.... the other day I came home and there were two packages waiting for me. And upon opening them, they pretty much showcased my two opposite ends of the style spectrum.

On one hand we have these delicious blue Manolo Blahniks. I know. More blue. But how could I resist? You recognize them, right?

No?

Want a small clue?



Does this help give a hint?



Okay, here's the big reveal. Ooops! Spoiler!



So. Those are delicate, rarified, decadent.

The other box contained these...



These are some kick-a** Ann Demeulemeester boots. I adore the triple lacing. It's hard to appreciate how completely over the top these are unless you are in person. I tried them on when they arrived and the hubby was a bit taken aback I think.

To fully appreciate these you have to take a peek over at Sea of Shoes. Jane and her mom have 2 pairs each! Obvioulsy well-funded ladies to be sure.

But they both do a great job of styling their high-heeled pairs in a variety of ways, from causual to Victoriana to almost equestrian. I don't have nearly the closet options they do but I think I would wear these with dresses, jeans, pencil skirts and more.



Very different choices indeed. But I love them both. They kind of represent what I feel are my two sides.

Now, the question is... do we keep them.

As always, a very difficult decision.

I'm thinking. I'm thinking.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always feel free to send either (or both) pairs my way!

I'm esp. lusting after those boots lately! (It seems a great option, perhaps, for a girl with larger calves-- a great way to spread out the lacing!)

See, this is why I can't read your blog-- lots of shoe lust!

Tasha said...

Oh, how can you NOT keep them? I almost fell out of my seat when I saw the Manolos. I admit, I'm jealous!!

Katie said...

those are some seriously bad ass boots!

Dog Friendly Dallas said...

what a great juxtaposition!

TheShoeGirl said...

UGGGGHHH!!! GREAT boots!! I am dying over here.
Keep them!!

Michele said...

OMG, I am so envious right now. BOTH are shoes I have been lusting after for some time now!