Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall Favorites: Luxe Layers

As you can tell from the previous Fall Favorites posts, I'm into excessive, embellished and decadent shoes from this season's offerings. We talked about:

- Rich Details

- A Focus on Heels

- Peek-a-boo Cut-outs

Of course, I think you can tell throughout that I like my shoes classically shaped but, how do we say... a bit over the top. This round is a bit different. More about the variety of materials. Still luxurious but in keeping with the clean silhouettes of the Fall/Winter season.

I know the silver pump version of these Balenciaga patent mirrored Escarpins bootie received more attention in the media but I like how the frosted material and the peach tone warms up the futuristic design.



Extreme platforms are not going anywhere this season (see Stella and Marni) and this Versace pump is right there. What I liked best about it is the color. I love how the lighter blue would play against black or brown. It's still dusky so it works but it's light enough to do a contrast. Plus you could wear it into the spring. I've become very fond of the mixing of the seasons for shoes with the use of tights. It's fun and practical.




These Alexandra Neel boots are just divine. I love love love the rich colors, the shape and the three button-y straps. Between these and the Chanel black and white booties, I don't know which I want more. These also have an almost steampunk vibe to them too.



Anna Sui has taken the oxford shape and created something ethereal. They seem heavily influenced by last season's Prada/Miu Miu collections but it's very fresh for this year. I think it's the unique mix of metallic leather and the oil slick patent. Such a contrast but both are so gorgeous. I would wear these with everything.



This is a complete understatement: I want these Manolo Blahnik booties. The color combination is amazing. Buttery leather and that heel shape... geez! I really need to get on the ball and try and track these down. They're very equestrian (almost jockey-influenced) but so urban too.



And, last but not least, my favorites - the two toned Chanel Carousel mary janes. And, oh yes, I got them. They're awaiting their debut and I am just ga-ga over them. They're luscious.



These are the kinds of shoes that totally speak to me. And they're the perfect investment-type shoes. The shapes are simple but the style is amazing. And sure to be noticed whenever you wear them... now or 10 years from now.

5 comments:

WendyB said...

The Balenciaga is great!

Anonymous said...

Oh I agree! The Balenciaga's are right up my alley! I can't wait to see what you do with the Chanels and the 2-tone tights... le sigh...

Leanne Pizio said...

Love love love the shoes~
the pink ones are so jet lined and spacial. And I love the blue platforms. I can't wait tho see the Channels with those crazy stockings.

I tagged you with a blog award on my blog. You are one of my favorites! Thanks for all your fashion posts.

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

You have the best posts - I love your blog.

Poochie said...

Thank you, everyone!

Luv Ya!
Poochie