Monday, September 29, 2008

Utterly Ridiculous

I haven't ever been a huge fan of Tory Burch but this is truly ridiculous.

Looks like a regular old duck boot to me, right?

No, it's a Tory Burch duck boot... for $195!



A $195 for a duck boot that doesn't look any different than a traditional one. Plus, how can you even wear that out in the rain for that price? I used to wear this type of shoe to my riding stable to wear when I wasn't riding. When I was doing things like washing the horse or cleaning a stall.

I like nice shoes but almost $200 for a "work" shoe? That's just stupid.

Just get a nice L.L. Bean one for $60...



I'm sure you can even find generic cheaper ones. And I'm sure they would all work and feel exactly the same.

5 comments:

Nafeesa said...

Yep, you're right... almost $200 for a rain shoe (not even boot!) is a bit insane. Is the rubber somehow different? I actually have high heel duck boots by Casadei that I wear... didn't spend anywhere near $200, but that would've made more sense (to me lol).

Unknown said...

Eew! $195 is just plain crazy for that shoe. Your LL Bean is much more reasonable.

WendyB said...

LL Bean should sue!

Fashion_Loving_Stylist said...

Do people actually wear these out? And Wendyb is right, LL Bean should sue.

LJ

TheShoeGirl said...

I think we should nickname this the YUCK boot?

It looks like the Tory Birch version is patent leather instead of LL's rubber. Also, don't forget the metal tips on the laces- thats at least an extra $75, no? hahaha