Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit

I'm trying to mix some summer and fall-ish items to bridge the transitional time we're finally getting into.

The appliqued skirt is a very light skirt which is good for the warmer weather but paired with tights and a dark top and heels it feels appropriate for September. The tights are a light but have a textured stripe and formal up the skirt a bit.



The Focal Point

I'm testing out my Chanel mary jane stand ins - the Façade patent mary janes. They are actual quite comfortable and I really like the shape. I think I'm going to be very happy with these.




When I was in New York, I saw the Chanel pair in person at Barneys. I was surprised to see they were a charcoal wool and black leather. I thought they were black leather and black patent. I'm glad I went for the tan and black pair and got these for the solid black option.

4 comments:

Nikki @ NikSnacks said...

Lovely, just...lovely.

Anonymous said...

I can't WAIT to see them with two toned stockings!

WendyB said...

Patent Mary Janes are so useful...I've had a pair by Prada for about 12 years now!

queengilda said...

i think they are cuuuuuuuuute!!!