Friday, September 12, 2008

Fall Favorites: Peek-a-Boo Cutouts

More on the Fall 2008 Favorites coming your way!

Before we looked at the rich details and the focus on heels that are trending in the Fall shoes, but another element I saw a lot of and really liked were the artistic use of cut-outs in the shoe designs.

The petal cut-outs on these Brian Atwood pumps give a simple shape an ethereal air. They're very classic and classy but with a fresh feel. These would be great with a suit now and a sundress in the Spring. I love the neutral color too.



Continuing my love of blue satin shoes, these Bruno Frisoni sling-backs are exceedingly eye-catching. The dark teal color is amazing and the design is bold and graphic. I would wear a severe black dress with these to let them steal the show. But could you imagine these with a dark hot pink outfit? Yowza!



Louboutin is the king of showy, sexy heel and these are no exception. The design is very much in line with other shoes from his previous collections but I like how the silver platforms get a lot of focus from how the straps on the two area are formed. Your feet would catch and reflect the light as you walked. I think these are the same shape as my all black ones (sans platform) from NYC. If they are, these are unbelievably comfortable.



There are a ton of shoes with open designs going into Fall. As more people pair tights with strappy heels we'll continue to see varying degrees of this style year round. I'm sure this will be welcome, especially in the warmer climates too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Brian Atwood pumps - the neutral color is very nice when paired with such a unique shape and cutout design. I also love the Louboutins - how can I not! :)

Unknown said...

I am in love with the Bruno's. damn those are hot!

Sadly, my big feet are too wide for Louboutin's and most Italian designer shoes...so sad.

Robo said...

The Bruno Frisoni ones are gorgeous! Where are they available? As if I need more expensive shoes to drool over :( But they're in my two favourite colours...

Anonymous said...

I'm with robo - those Frisonis are so vibrant. Lust-inducing for sure.

Say, Princess, any chance I could hop on your blogroll? You've been in mine for ages, for what it's worth ...

Poochie said...

Robo

I saw the image on Style. I'll have to see if I can find them anywhere. Although it may just be a case where we have to call a dedicated store and get a stocklist.

I'll keep my eye out.

Luv
Poochie

Robo said...

Thanks, Poochie! I checked Bruno Frisoni's Web site, but didn't see anything. I trust your powers of shoe discovery :)