Friday, August 3, 2007

Ensemble du Jour

The Outfit
It's Friday, and I've been wearing heels all week so it's time to slip into some flats. My flats are far out-numbered by the heels in my closet, but I do have a few cute pairs. It was pretty warm today, but I had a client meeting, so I wore black cropped pants and the other new shirt I bought last week from Old Navy. This one has puffed sleeves, although not as puffy as the white shirt, and is a dark stone/lavender/grey color.

At one point of time I thought about streamlining my clothes and going for a "monochromatic" look. Think Diane Keaton in Something's Gotta Give or Lara Croft's wardrobe in Tomb Raider. I was toying with a palette of black, white, silvers, greys (especially charcoal), and tones of blue, with red and dark forest green to add pop. But looking at my closet, I think I like color too much to go there. Maybe I'll save up all my money and do a wardrobe makeover - get rid of everything and start from scratch.

The Focal Point
Today my favorite details are the puff cap sleeves on the shirt and the Miu-Miu-esque Mossimo jeweled-toe flats I just got from Target. They are very comfy and they should go right into Fall and Winter. The body of the shoe is a suede-y metallic black.

No comments: